1. First place: one year’s free mentoring/free place on a Ty’n y coed course;
2. Second place: pack of short story collections + one year’s subscription to the bookclub;
3. Third place: one year’s subscription to the bookclub;
Publication of the winners and two runners’ up stories in our new annual, The Cinnamon Review of Short Fiction.
Open to beginners and established writers.
Judged by Adam Craig.
The fee is £12.
• Short story submissions should not previously published.
• Short story competitions are open to all writers, both new and established.
• Entries should be submitted electronically, via the forms on each competition page, in .doc, .docx or .rtf file formats only. Please ensure you have up to date virus protection before sending any files. (If you have problems please email for guidance.). You may also send send your work by post, without your name on the MS, but please add a cover sheet with your contacts details and the name of your work.
1. a story of 2,000-4,000 words (short story competitions)
in a clear type script, double spaced for prose.
• Please mark your story with a nom de plume and working title in the header (this is simply for reading purposes to guarantee that all pieces are read blind and judged fairly)
• Do not put any other identification on the work.
• Entry fees:
You can optionally add £4 to this to include a copy of the winners’ anthology.
• Payments can be made using PayPal from each individual competition page. Alternatively, send a cheque made to ‘Cinnamon Press’ to the address below.
• Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
Contact details: Cinnamon Press Writing Prizes, Meirion House, Glan yr afon, Tanygrisiau, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, LL41 3SU, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Results will be sent individually to all winners and runners up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter.