Prize: 1 year’s free mentoring/(for those who have completed mentoring) 100 copies of the collection + publishing contract.
Open to those who have not had a full collection published.
Judged by Judy Kendall.
The fee is £12.
• Entrants for the poetry collection should not previously have had a full poetry collection published.
• Poetry pamphlets and short story competitions are open to all writers, both new and established.
• Entries should be submitted electronically, via the forms on each competition page, in .doc, .docx or .rtf file formats only. Please ensure you have up to date virus protection before sending any files. (If you have problems please email for guidance.). You may also send send your work by post, without your name on the MS, but please add a cover sheet with your contacts details and the name of your work.
1. 10 poems up to 40 lines (debut collection competitions);
• Please mark your poetry with a nom de plume and working title in the header (this is simply for reading purposes to guarantee that all pieces are read blind and judged fairly)
• Do not put any other identification on the work.
• Deadlines fall throughout the year between 30 September and 31 July, depending on genre. Please check the individual pages.
• Entry fees:
1. £12 per entry.
You can optionally add £4 to this to include a copy of the winners’ poetry collection.
• Payments can be made using PayPal from each individual competition page. Alternatively, send a cheque made to ‘Cinnamon Press’ to the address below.
• Work will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
Contact details: Cinnamon Press Writing Prizes, Meirion House, Glan yr afon, Tanygrisiau, Blaenau Ffestiniog, Gwynedd, LL41 3SU, or email email@example.com
Results will be sent individually to all winners and runners up, published on the Cinnamon website, and included in our newsletter.