Date posted: 16th April 2018 / Opportunities
Contract: full time
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to create inspiring content for a leading photography brand. You will spend your time researching and writing fresh content ideas and conducting interviews with top photographers and industry experts. You have a passionate interest in photography and proven experience in developing and writing engaging features. This job offers access to some of photography’s biggest names and the opportunity to make industry-leading content in video, print and online. If you have high standards and are bursting with feature ideas, then this is the job for you. Future Fusion is the content agency of Future plc. They’re a forward-thinking group of creatives dedicated to making content we can be proud of for leading global brands.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To spot and bring in original photography-related features and interviews suitable for the channel on a daily basis.
- To set up and carry out photographer and industry-expert interviews – both face to face and over the phone.
- To grasp sometimes complex briefs and respond with engaging and clear ideas.
- To liaise and develop relationships with PRs, agents, photographers and other photography-industry contacts for story generation.
- To collaborate across our editorial and commercial departments.
- To attend and report on events, some of which may occur outside of regular working hours and involve travel.
- Be aware of legal and negative brand implications of stories and pictures and to raise any concerns with the Editor.
- To have a brand awareness, and to spot content marketing opportunities outside of the norm.
Essential skills and experience
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Adept interviewing skills (and willingness or experience in presenting content through video).
- An understanding of the photography market, including the products, technologies, behaviours and trends that drive it.
- Experience of writing articles that will engage with photographers of all types.
- Fluency with current thinking in digital journalism, including search engine optimization, social media, and newsletters.
- Sound knowledge of Media Law. Keen visual awareness.
- The ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Innovative, calm under pressure, resourceful, proactive, collaborative, excellent communicator.
- Capable of being the editorial face of the brand at commercial meetings and industry events.
- Highly organised and attentive to detail.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience writing in the professional photography market with the associated contacts.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
13th May 2018
How to apply