Date posted: 6th June 2018 / Opportunities
We're delighted to be teaming up with the English and Creative Writing department at Plymouth University to seek a Writer in Residence with a track record in creative writing with experience of delivering talks/workshops to inspire students in the department.
The writer will be based at Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth and will be expected to contribute 4 articles to an online blog about creative writing on the Plymouth University and Literature Works websites, based on their experiences.
1. Work with Professor Angela Smith to devise and agree your programme of workshops / talks suitable for the audience.
2. Develop ‘taster’ sessions for students.
3. Deliver the local writing workshops within the agreed thematic approach.
4. Participate in creative writing events and help to ensure that the production, performance and programme are appropriate for Plymouth University needs.
5. Work with Literature Works to ensure that evaluation techniques are built into the local programme and feedback on experience and skills development.
Stipend payable is £3,300 for 12 days work between 22nd October 2018 and 20th May 2019 with an expectation of delivering a minimum of 8 workshops/talks/events.
-Application deadline is Friday 28th September 2018
-Interviews will be held between 8th -12th October 2018
– The Position will start on Monday 22nd October 2018
To apply: Please email your current CV along with a one page description of your current creative work –in- progress to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5 pm on Friday 28th September 2018.