Date posted: 22nd February 2018 / Resources
Reading Well: Books on Prescription is an initiative from The Reading Agency which is designed to help readers understand their mental health and well being.
They have recently released a list of books specifically for young people. Books on the list include:
- Stuff That Sucks: Accepting what you can't change and committing to what you can by Ben Sedley.
- House of Windows by Alexia Casale
- Mind Your Head by Juno Dawson, Dr Olivia Hewitt and Gemma Correll
- Every Day by David Levithan
- The Self Esteem Team's Guide to Sex, Drugs and WTFs by The Self Esteem Team
- Kite Spirit by Sita Brahmachari
- Quiet the Mind by Matthew Johnstone
- Blame my Brain: The Amazing Teenage Brain Revealed by Nicola Morgan
- I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
There are also lists to help with a range of mental health and well being topics.