A series of six online writing workshops to help you develop your work so you can establish a writing habit, leap over creative blocks and get your words out.
Tuesday nights from 20th Oct – 24th Nov 7-9pm
Using Zoom and Google Folders
If you’re writing creative prose – a novel, memoir or collection of short stories – and need help finding motivation and time, then this is the course for you.
With regular weekly meetings, quality feedback, deadlines and support, both from experienced writer and coach, Alison Powell, and a team of like-minded writers, you’ll work on:
* developing a piece of creative prose writing (flash fiction, short stories, novels, hybrids and experiments all welcome)
* establishing a regular writing habit
* receiving feedback on your writing
* finding out how to offer constructive criticism on other people’s work
* learning about narrative structure, character development and more
* focusing intensively on your writing project
You can reap the benefits of:
* weekly meetings
* small workshop groups
* super strict deadlines to help you keep your writing on track
You’ll be expected to produce up to 1500 words for each session and to read other people’s work between meetings.
This is ideal for you if:
* you want to write a novel or memoir and want some support
* you would benefit from constructive feedback on your writing
* you have an idea of what you want to write and just need some momentum to get going.
* you would love to meet like-minded people to share your writing with.
NB This course uses Zoom and Google Folders. You will need to type your work.
Booking essential. Limited spaces.
About your workshop facilitator:
Alison Powell supports new and established writers with their creative work. She established WriteClub in 2016 and has since run regular workshops on all aspects of the writing craft. She is an award winning writer, published in various anthologies and magazines and holds an MA in Creative Writing from Bath Spa. She is a member of the Hay Festival Writers at Work Programme and is a producer for Paper Nations at Bath Spa. She is also an INLPTA certified Master Practitioner of NLP and coaching.
She believes that everyone has the right to express themselves in writing and runs all her sessions with a positive approach. Her passion for poetry and story along with her enthusiasm for helping people find the best in themselves are reflected in her lively and open presentation style. She will do her very best to ensure that you find the support you need to make your writing work.