We are recruiting a new Project Officer - a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the next stage of an exciting new programme of work, engaging with wide-ranging, diverse networks.
Literature Works seeks a committed arts professional for a full-time position working, amongst other things, on Quay Words, a programme of literature and stories at the historic Exeter Custom House on Exeter Quayside. Quay Words 2020-22 will continue the development of Exeter Custom House as a hub for literature and we are delivering the project on behalf of Exeter Canal and Quay Trust. It is funded by a grant from Arts Council England National Lottery Projects and by Exeter Canal and Quay Trust. Exeter is a newly-confirmed UNESCO City of Literature.
This is two-year fixed term position for the duration of the Quay Words 2020-22 project, also working across a range of Literature Works business. The role will be based in our office at the University of Plymouth, also working regularly in Exeter. This pivotal role will co-ordinate the Quay Words project, which includes family activities, young writers’ competition, writer residencies, membership offers, a range of live events and performances, workshops, masterclasses and outdoor events.
This is a full-time, fixed term position for two years and subject to a three-month
• Reports to: CEO
• Salary: £25,000 per annum
• Annual leave entitlement: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
• This post will be based at the Literature Works’ office at the University of Plymouth, with a requirement to work regularly at Exeter Custom House and to attend some meetings across the SW region. On successful completion of probationary period, some home working maybe requested subject to charity policy.
• Working pattern: eight hours a day, five days a week, including flexible working on some evenings and weekends. Hours to be confirmed in advance and communicated to all colleagues.
• Travel requirements: this role will include travel within the UK to attend meetings and events, with travel time beyond normal working hours where this is unavoidable. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
• Full terms will be as per the written statement of employment.
Interested? Download the full recruitment pack below:
Please send the following:
1. Covering letter on not more than two sides A4 that explains why you are applying for the position and how you meet the person specification
2. Up to date CV of your relevant qualifications
3. A completed application details and reference form (enclosed in the recruitment pack below).
Please email your application documents with the subject line ‘Project Officer application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th May, 5 pm.
First interviews to be conducted by video link on Wednesday 8th June.
Candidates called for first interview will be notified by 5pm on Friday 3rd June.