Are you a book lover?
Do you love exploring literary heritage?
Do you have some spare time in the late spring?
The on site festival team at Greenway are currently seeking volunteers to be part of the Greenway Literary Festival event crew.
The festival, a partnership between the National Trust and Literature Works, runs from 25th May – 9th June 2019.
|What’s involved?||• Practical help with signage, moving chairs, helping set up workshops, tea making etc
• Stewarding responsibilities, such as orientating visitors and support in the car park
• Supporting and facilitating workshops and activities over the weeks
• Making festival-goers feel welcome, answering any questions and encouraging them to get involved
• Maintaining the upkeep of the site, including tidying and litter picking
• Collecting visitor feedback, to improve similar events in the future
• Promoting the work of the National Trust
• You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
|This role will suit you if you are…||• Friendly and approachable – someone who loves meeting new people and enjoys working with families and visitors
• Able to commit at least two days over the two week festival
• Cheerful and positive, even when the weather’s not on your side
• Reasonably fit – you could be on your feet all day
• Flexible and adaptable – willing to get involved with a variety of jobs and tasks
• Passionate about the work of the National Trust
• Interested in literature as there will be authors on hand to learn from to be inspired by
• Interested in gaining event experience
• Keen to help, but unable to commit to regular volunteering throughout the year
|By getting involved you could||• Have fun and help festival-goers enjoy themselves
• Get experience of working a flagship literary event at Agatha Christie’s holiday home
• Join an enthusiastic and varied team
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, click here to fill out the application form.