Bookable advice surgeries with our team
We offer pay what you can, bookable 45 minute advice surgeries with our team. These surgeries give you the opportunity to discuss your writing project or idea. Below is a list of topics we can cover and the process for booking a surgery. The latest dates for the advice surgeries will be displayed at the bottom of the page. Book yours now!
The surgeries will focus on these main areas:
- Funding – finding potential sources and making a convincing case
- Networks – connecting you to helpful people and projects
- Project management – such as setting budgets, planning and governance
- Evaluation, metrics and impact – the basic principles, dos and don’ts
- Audience development – making and executing a plan
- Social media and website advice
Advice surgeries are available most Tuesdays and Wednesdays, when we offer two 45-minute slots (from 12pm and 2pm).
Securing your place
We ask that once you have secured your place using the ‘book now’ button, you provide us with a short summary of the project or idea you’d like to discuss (maximum 50 words). At booking you will be asked to select which two of the above six topics you would like to focus on. We will do our best to talk across the range of focuses you select and will allocate a member of our team to run your surgery based on availability and skill set.
We want these surgeries to be accessible for all so while we ask that you pay what you can, it is possible to request a free surgery.
These surgeries will take place online via Zoom, you will be emailed a Zoom link after booking.