Heidelburg UNESCO City of Literature Writer in Residence Program
Deadline: Sunday 17th September 2023
About: Heidelburg is offering two 3 month residencies in 2023 to writers and artists from UNESCO Cities of Literature (including Exeter). Grantees will stay in the “Commandant’s House Dilsberg”, at Dilsberg Fortress, in Neckargemünd (approximately 14 km from Heidelberg) which is a center for the promotion of art and culture. Grantees will receive a public transportation ticket, a travel allowance of up to €1,000, a subsistence allowance of €1,250 and a monthly allowance of €750 per person.
- Registered residence in a UNESCO City of literature (main grant holder)
- Publication of at least one book (prose, essay, narration, poetry, etc.) by an official/independent publisher (main grant holder)
- Good to very good knowledge of German and/or English language.
- Willingness to participate in local literary life (Dilsberg or Heidelberg) e.g. talks with protagonist of the regional literary scene arranged by the grant donors.
How to apply:
Complete the application form(s) by 17th September. Optionally you can add:
- Excerpt from one of your books (1500 – 3000 words) in German or English
- Letter of recommendation
Send in your application by e-mail before 17 September 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org