Location: South West
About the role
The Associate Director (ebooks and Conference Proceedings) is a key member of the senior publishing management team and is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership of the ebooks and conference proceedings businesses.
- Designing the strategic plans for both programmes in conjunction with the Publishing Director.
- Delivering the future growth plan for the ebook and proceedings businesses, including steering new products, services and partnerships within the portfolio.
- Driving and implementing new initiatives and projects.
- Analysing sales and financial data.
- Analysing key publishing issues and trends in the disciplines and markets we publish for and feeding these into strategy and action plans.
- Leading the global ebooks and conference proceedings publishing teams ensuring they are fully versed in the vision and growth plans for the programmes.
- Managing, mentoring and developing the team.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- A qualification in the physical sciences (MSc or PhD) is useful for the role but not essential.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of commissioning, book publishing and the STM industry.
- Direct experience of conference proceedings publishing is useful but not essential.
- Extensive experience of people management, leading and motivating large teams in a changing environment.
- Experience of the issues faculty, industry professionals, conference organisers, students and librarians are facing.
- Thorough grasp of the economics of book publishing.
- Familiarity with major open access (OA) developments and business models relating to books and conference proceedings.
- Experience in conducting market research to inform and shape product development or publishing strategy.
How to apply