The Good Literary Agency who represent writers who are under-represented in mainstream publishing, is currently seeking submissions of woks of fiction and non-fiction. They will be joined by an additional agent in March, who will focus on Children’s and Young Adult submissions, so this type of submission remains closed until then.
Here are their general submission guidelines:
- They only represent writers who are under-represented in mainstream publishing. This includes writers of colour, working class, disability and LGBTQ+ as well as anyone else who feels that they or their story are under-represented.
- They consider all types of fiction and non-fiction as well as children’s books. They do not currently accept picture book submissions but are aiming to do so in the future.
- The Good Literary Agency require uploaded documents for the proposal / sample chapter (for non-fiction) or the synopsis / first three chapters. Please make sure they are in the following format:
- Arial. 12 point. Double spaced. Numbered pages.
- Save either as a .doc, or a .docx.
- Don’t share a OneDrive file, Dropbox file, a Pages file or Google Doc with us. They need the saved file.
- Your name and the title of the piece should be on the front page. Don’t put it in the header or footer because e-readers sometimes do horrible things with these.