Jenny Alexander has written fiction and non-fiction for readers of all ages. Her children’s fiction includes Blue Peter Book Club choice How to Get What You Want, by Peony Pinker and Red House Children’s Book Awards Highly Commended Car-Mad Jack. Her funny self-help book, Bullies, Bigmouths and So-called Friends, is frequently top in its amazon categories and her Young Adult novel about sibling suicide, Drift, is recommended by Cruse Bereavement Care.
Her adults’ books include three for writers, covering different stages in the writing process. Writing in the House of Dreams: Unlock the power of your unconscious mind is about finding inspiration; Happy Writing: Beat your blocks, be published and find your flow is about keeping going with a long project or indeed a long career, and Free-Range Writing: 75 forays for the wild writer’s soul is about extending your range and just having fun with it.
Jenny has placed articles in many magazines, including Mslexia, Writers’ Forum, The Author and Writing Magazine, where she currently has a monthly column, Free-Range Writing Through the Year.
A prolific writer herself, Jenny loves teaching creative writing, both independently and for major organisations such as the Society of Authors and the Arvon Foundation.
- Free-Range Writing: 75 forays for the wild writer's soul - Five Lanes Press, September 2017
- Happy Writing: Beat your blocks, be published and find your flow - Five Lanes Press, September 2015
- The Binding - A and C Black, 2105
- Drift - Five Lanes Press, 2015
- Writing in the House of Dreams - Five Lanes Press, 2014
Current Events and Projects
- Free-range writing around the UK - Talks and workshops for festivals (Looe and Penzance), bookshops (Liskeard), libraries (Totnes, Launceston) and other venues including Stamford, Bath and Cheltenham, 2018
- Wolves and Apples workshop - For children's and YA writers in Leicester, Sept 2018
- Writers' workshop - With Writing Magazine in Bath, Oct 2018
- Heroes of Hayle - Remembering the Cornish experience in WW1: a project devleoped with Heritage Lottery funding by Bridging Arts. Three poetry workshop days., Sept-Oct 2018
- Memoir writing residential weekend - Organised by Endelienta in North Cornwall, Nov 2018