Lucy Hounsom is the author of The Worldmaker Trilogy. Her first book, STARBORN, was shortlisted in the 2016 Gemmell Awards for Best Fantasy Debut. Her fourth book, SISTERSONG, a reimagining of the folk tale ‘The Twa Sisters’ is set in Devon and will be published by Pan Macmillan in 2021. She works for Waterstones in Exeter and co-hosts the intersectional feminist podcast ‘Breaking the Glass Slipper’, which won Best Audio in the 2019 British Fantasy Awards. Drawing on a professional background in acting, she has developed a public speaking workshop for authors. Lucy is lucky enough to live on the beautiful Jurassic Coast, a perfect place in which to make up stories.
- Starborn - Pan Macmillan, 23/04/15
- Heartland - Pan Macmillan, 24/08/17
- Firestorm - Pan Macmillan, 14/12/17
Awards and residencies
- Best Audio - British Fantasy Award - Breaking the Glass Slipper podcast - exploring women's stories in sci-fi, fantasy & horror writing, October 2019
Current Events and Projects
- Sistersong - Upcoming publication, 2021