I’m a Bristol-based playwright and dramaturg with a background in European theatre-making, specialising in new work for younger and family audiences. I lived and worked in Amsterdam for two decades and have translated around 75 plays from Dutch and Flemish.
My own work has been developed and/or commissioned by the egg theatre, Grid Iron, Tobacco Factory Theatre, Bristol Old Vic, Ferment @ BOV, Trestle Theatre Unmasked, Polka Theatre, Show of Strength, The Theatre Orchard, The Holland Festival, Vitrage Women’s Theatre Company (Amsterdam). I was a Leverhulme Scholar on the egg’s Incubator 2016. Current projects: ‘Horses! Horses!’ pub play produced by Wassail Theatre in partnership with The Theatre Orchard, BOV and The Inn Crowd; ‘Harold: The Game’ in development with the egg theatre/Velo Theatre & Bob Theatre (France). Dramaturgy: Ablutions & Eurohouse (Fellswoop), Glorilla & Les Gloriables (Spitz & Co). I also emcee cabaret nights and perform spoken word & comedy, perform in community pantos and run DIY low-cost writing retreats in the SW. I believe in theatre for the people by the people, and in taking live theatre into non-theatre spaces.
- Poison by Lot Vekemans (translator) - Nick Herne Books, Nov 2017
Awards and residencies
- Leverhulme Scholarship - 2016/17
- Tobacco Factory Script Space Award shortlist - for early version Horses! Horses! script, 2016/17
Current Events and Projects
- Horses! Horses! - rural pub tour Somerset, East Anglia, Sussex, Kent, 20 Sept-25 Oct 2018
- Harold: The Game - co-pro the egg/le Velo Theatre/Bob Theatre, touring 2019/20 UK & France